WPC Tournament Guidelines Oct 2016 – Sep 2017
The WPC Sports Ministry affirms the importance of participation in Sunday morning worship service. Therefore, the WPC Sports Ministry recommends that teams limit the total number of tournaments played per calendar year to five total and to those listed below.
The WPC Sports Ministry requests that teams that desire to play in more than 5 tournaments per year, or any tournament not listed below, receive approval from the WPC Sports Ministry prior to applying for the tournament.
If you plan to add players to your regular season roster for a tournament, you should do the following in the specified order.
– Consider adding a player(s) from other WPC teams in your division.
– Contact the coach of the other WPC teams in your division, to request permission to ask players to participate on your team for the tournament.
– You may contact other organizations if you have considered adding a player(s) from other WPC teams in your division. You must inform the WPC Sports Ministry Committee prior to contacting outside organizations.
– Contact the coach of the outside organization you are requesting players from. Do not contact the players’ family before contacting the coach to seek permission to add players to your tournament roster.
– If the player is added to your tournament roster, do NOT attempt to recruit the player to your team permanently.
Please contact the Sports Committee if you have any questions regarding these guidelines, or if you need to seek approval for any of the items specified herein.
• Oct 15-16, 2016 VFW Youth Group
• Mar 11-12 Megalopolis Tournament
• Apr 8-9 Bay Area Asian Sports – Dragons
• Apr 7-9 Wanjettes
• Apr 21-23 West Los Angeles
• Apr 22-23 Foster City Flyers
• Apr 29-30 Sacramento Rebels
• May 5-7 South Bay FOR
• May 13-14 SF Associates/SF Enchantees
• May 20-21 Sacramento Warlords
• May 27-28 San Jose Zebras
• May 27-29 Tigers Youth Club
• Jul 22-23 Montebello Jets/Jetts
• Aug 5-6 Nikkei Games 3-on-3
• Aug 27-27 Pasadena Bruins