WPC Tournament Guidelines Oct 2019- Sep 2020
The WPC Sports Ministry affirms the importance of participation in Sunday morning worship service. Therefore, the WPC Sports Ministry recommends that teams limit the total number of tournaments played per calendar year to five total and to those listed below.
The WPC Sports Ministry requests that teams that desire to play in more than 5 tournaments per year, or any tournament not listed below, receive approval from the WPC Sports Ministry prior to applying for the tournament.
If you plan to add players to your regular season roster for a tournament, you should do the following in the specified order.
– Consider adding a player(s) from other WPC teams in your division.
– Contact the coach of the other WPC teams in your division, to request permission to ask players to participate on your team for the tournament.
– You may contact other organizations if you have considered adding a player(s) from other WPC teams in your division. You must inform the WPC Sports Ministry Committee prior to contacting outside organizations.
– Contact the coach of the outside organization you are requesting players from. Do not contact the players’ family before contacting the coach to seek permission to add players to your tournament roster.
– If the player is added to your tournament roster, do NOT attempt to recruit the player to your team permanently.
Please contact the Sports Committee if you have any questions regarding these guidelines, or if you need to seek approval for any of the items specified herein.
• Sep 28-29, 2019 Fremont Youth Ball Club
• Oct 5-6, 2019 VFW Youth Group
• Mar 7-8, 2020 Megalopolis
• Mar 21-22, 2020 Sacramento Warlords
• Mar 28-29, 2020 Ardenette & Taisho Basketball
• Apr 3-5, 2020 Wanjettes
• Apr 4-5, 2020 Bay Area Asian Sports – Dragons
• Apr 17-19, 2020 West Los Angeles Youth Club
• Apr 18-19, 2020 Foster City Flyers
• May 1-3, 2020 South Bay FOR
• May 9-10, 2020 SF Associates/SF Enchantees
• May 16-17, 2020 East Bay Rising Suns
• May 23-24, 2020 San Jose Zebras
• May 23-24, 2020 Tigers Youth Club
• TBD DMI Memorial Basketball Tournament
• TBD Nikkei Games 3-on-3
• TBD Pasadena Bruins
• TBD Silicon Valley Basketball Club
• TBD Sacramento Barons